verb (used with object), re·ran, re·run, re·running.
- to run again.
- the act of rerunning.
- a showing of a motion picture or television program after its initial run, usually some months or years later.
- the motion picture or television program being shown again.
- Informal. a person or thing that is merely a restatement or imitation of something familiar; rehash: The plot is just a rerun of every other spy story.
verb (riːˈrʌn) -runs, -running or -ran (tr)
- to broadcast or put on (a film, play, series, etc) again
- to run (a race, etc) again
- a film, play, series, etc, that is broadcast or put on again; repeat
- a race that is run again
- computing the repeat of a part of a computer program