noun, plural re·seaux [rey-zohz, –zoh, ruh-] /reɪˈzoʊz, -ˈzoʊ, rə-/, re·seaus.
- a network.
- a netted or meshed ground in lace.
- Astronomy. a network of fine lines on a glass plate, used in a photographic telescope to produce a corresponding network on photographs of the stars.
- Meteorology. a system of weather stations under the direction of a single agency or cooperating for common goals.
- Photography. a screen having minute colored filters, used in some forms of color photography.
noun plural -seaux (-zəʊ, -zəʊz) or -seaus
- a mesh background to a lace or other pattern
- astronomy a network of fine lines cut into a glass plate used as a reference grid on star photographs
- photog a screen covered in a regular pattern of minute coloured dots or lines, formerly used in colour photography