- kept or set apart for some particular use or purpose.
- kept by special arrangement for some person: a reserved seat.
- formal or self-restrained in manner and relationship; avoiding familiarity or intimacy with others: a quiet, reserved man.
- characterized by reserve, as the disposition, manner, etc.: reserved comments.
- retaining the original color of a surface, especially when decorating portions of the surface with other colors.
- set aside for use by a particular person or peoplethis table is reserved
- cool or formal in manner; restrained, silent, or reticent
- destined; fatedreserved for great things
- referring to matters that are the responsibility of the national parliament rather than a devolved regional assemblydefence is a reserved issue
“guarded” (in manner), c.1600, past participle adjective from reserve (v.). Of seats, tables from 1858.