verb (used with object), riffed, rif·fing. Informal.
- to discharge (a person) from military or civil service, especially as part of an economy program.
- Er [er] /ɛr/, a mountainous coastal region in N Morocco.
- Military. a reduction in the personnel of an armed service or unit.
- a reduction in the number of persons employed by a business, government department, etc., especially for budgetary reasons.
- plural Rifs, Riffs, Rifis, Rif, Riff or Rifi a member of a Berber people, inhabiting the Atlas Mountains in Morocco
- Also called: Rifian, Riffian (ˈrɪfɪən) the dialect of Berber spoken by this people
- See Er Rif