- on the right.
- of, for, or with the right hand.
- most reliable, valuable, or useful, as a helper or assistant.
- Also right-handed. Building Trades.
- (of a door) having the hinges on the right when seen from the exterior of the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- (of a casement sash) having the hinges on the right when seen from inside the window.
- the hand that is on the right side, or the side opposite that where the heart is.
- the right side, as of a person, especially this side considered as the side of precedence or courtesy.
- a position of honor or special trust.
- an extremely efficient or reliable person or, sometimes, tool, especially a person considered as one’s assistant.
- of, relating to, located on, or moving towards the righta right-hand bend; this car has right-hand drive
- for use by the right hand; right-handed
- right-hand man one’s most valuable assistant or supporter