- members of a conservative or reactionary political party, or those opposing extensive political reform.
- such a political party or a group of such parties.
- that part of a political or social organization advocating a conservative or reactionary position: The union’s right wing favored a moderate course of action.
- (often capitals) the conservative faction of an assembly, party, etc
- the part of an army or field of battle on the right from the point of view of one facing the enemy
- the right-hand side of the field of play from the point of view of a team facing its opponent’s goal
- a player positioned in this area in any of various games
- the position occupied by such a player
- of, belonging to, or relating to the right wing
1570s of armies; from 1882 in football; 1905 in the political sense (cf. left wing). Right-winger attested by 1919 in U.S. politics, 1895 in sports.