- in accordance with truth or fact; correctly: to see rightly; to understand rightly.
- in accordance with morality or equity; uprightly.
- properly, fitly, or suitably: to be rightly dressed.
- Informal. with certainty; positively: I can’t rightly say.
- in accordance with the facts; correctly
- in accordance with principles of justice or morality
- with good reason; justifiablyhe was rightly annoyed with her
- properly or suitably; appropriatelyrightly dressed for a wedding
- (used with a negative) informal with certainty; positively or precisely (usually in the phrases I don’t rightly know, I can’t rightly say)