- any of various animals having markings on the back that resemble a saddle, as a male harp seal.
- a marking resembling a saddle on the backs of various animals
- a breed of black pig with a white band across its back
- a rare bird of New Zealand, Philesturnus carunculatus, having a chestnut-coloured saddle-shaped marking across its back and wings
- another name for saddle roof
- another name for col (def. 1)
n.1540s and thereafter in various senses (of landforms, oysters, etc.), from saddle (n.) + back (n.). n.