- an island in the Virgin Islands of the U.S., in the E West Indies. 32 sq. mi. (83 sq. km).
- a city in SE Ontario, in S Canada.
- former name of Charlotte Amalie.
- São Tomé.
- Saint Thomasthe Angelic Doctor, 1225?–74, Italian scholastic philosopher: a major theologian of the Roman Catholic Church.
noun usually abbreviated to: St Thomas
- an island in the E Caribbean, in the Virgin Islands of the US. Capital: Charlotte Amalie. Pop: 51 181 (2000). Area: 83 sq km (28 sq miles)
- the former name (1921–37) of Charlotte Amalie
- Saint Thomas. 1225–74, Italian theologian, scholastic philosopher, and Dominican friar, whose works include Summa contra Gentiles (1259–64) and Summa Theologiae (1267–73), the first attempt at a comprehensive theological system. Feast day: Jan 28See also Thomism