- a small republic in E Italy: the oldest independent country in Europe. 38 sq. mi. (98 sq. km). Capital: San Marino.
- a town in and the capital of this republic.
- a city in SW California.
- of or relating to San Marino or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of San Marino
- a republic in S central Europe in the Apennines, forming an enclave in Italy: the smallest republic in Europe, according to tradition founded by St Marinus in the 4th century. Official language: Italian. Religion: Roman Catholic majority. Currency: euro. Capital: San Marino. Pop: 32 448 (2013 est). Area: 62 sq km (24 sq miles)