- the point at which a substance will receive no more of another substance in solution, chemical combination, etc.
- a point at which some capacity is at its fullest; limit: After a while she reached the saturation point and could absorb nothing more from the lectures.
- the point at which no more (people, things, ideas, etc) can be absorbed, accommodated, used, etc
- chem the point at which no more solute can be dissolved in a solution or gaseous material absorbed in a vapour
- The point at which a substance, under given conditions, can receive no more of another substance in solution.