- a fine, three-ply woolen yarn.
- a soft-finish, compact fabric, originally of high-grade merino wool from Saxony, for topcoats and overcoats.
- a pile carpet woven in the manner of a Wilton but with yarns of lesser quality.
- a state in E central Germany. 6561 sq. mi. (16,990 sq. km). Capital: Dresden.
- a former state of the Weimar Republic in E central Germany. 5788 sq. mi. (14,990 sq. km). Capital: Dresden.
- a medieval division of N Germany with varying boundaries: extended at its height from the Rhine to E of the Elbe.
- a fine 3-ply yarn used for knitting and weaving
- a fine woollen fabric used for coats, etc
- a state in E Germany, formerly part of East Germany. Pop: 4 321 000 (2003 est)
- a former duchy and electorate in SE and central Germany, whose territory changed greatly over the centuries
- (in the early Middle Ages) any territory inhabited or ruled by Saxons