- Astronomy. Scorpius.
- the eighth sign of the zodiac: the fixed water sign.
- a person born under this sign, usually between October 23rd and November 21st.
- Also called: the Scorpion astrology
- the eighth sign of the zodiac, symbol ♏, having a fixed water classification and ruled by the planet Mars and the dwarf planet Pluto. The sun is in this sign between about Oct 23 and Nov 21
- a person born during a period when the sun is in this sign
- astronomy another name for Scorpius
- astrology born under or characteristic of Scorpio
n.zodiacal constellation, late 14c., from Latin scorpio (poetic scorpius) “scorpion,” also the zodiac constellation (see scorpion). The meaning “person born under or ruled by the sign of Scorpio” is recorded from 1968.
- A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Libra and Sagittarius. Scorpius (the Scorpion) contains the bright star Antares and is the eighth sign of the zodiac.