- a person or thing that scrambles.
- an electronic device that mixes and confuses telecommunications signals in order to make them unintelligible through certain circuits.Compare unscrambler(def 2).
- a plant that produces long weak shoots by which it grows over other plants
- an electronic device that renders speech unintelligible during transmission, normal speech being restored at the receiving system
- An electronic device that scrambles telecommunication signals to make them unintelligible to anyone without a special receiver.