- a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame.
- the specific offense charged: The accusation is murder.
- the act of accusing or state of being accused.
- an allegation that a person is guilty of some fault, offence, or crime; imputation
- a formal charge brought against a person stating the crime that he is alleged to have committed
n.late 14c., from Old French acusacion or directly from Latin accusationem (nominative accusatio), noun of action from past participle stem of accusare (see accuse).