- the act of a person or thing that draws.
- a graphic representation by lines of an object or idea, as with a pencil; a delineation of form without reference to color.
- a sketch, plan, or design, especially one made with pen, pencil, or crayon.
- the art or technique of making these.
- something decided by drawing lots; lottery.
- the selection, or time of selection, of the winning chance or chances sold by lottery or raffle.
- a picture or plan made by means of lines on a surface, esp one made with a pencil or pen without the use of colour
- a sketch, plan, or outline
- the art of making drawings; draughtsmanship
n.c.1300, “a pulling,” in various senses, verbal noun from draw (v.). The “picture-making” sense is from 1520s; of the picture itself from 1660s. Drawing board is from 1725; used in figurative expression from mid-20c.