- the act of estimating or setting the value of something; appraisal.
- an estimated value or worth.
- the awareness or acknowledgment of the quality, nature, excellence, or the like of something: public valuation of the importance of education.
- the act of valuing, esp a formal assessment of the worth of property, jewellery, etc
- the price arrived at by the process of valuingthe valuation of this property is considerable; I set a high valuation on technical ability
n.1520s, from Old French valuacion, noun of action from valuer (see value).