- having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
- characterized by sensation and consciousness.
- a person or thing that is sentient.
- Archaic. the conscious mind.
- having the power of sense perception or sensation; conscious
- rare a sentient person or thing
adj.1630s, “capable of feeling,” from Latin sentientem (nominative sentiens) “feeling,” present participle of sentire “to feel” (see sense (n.)). Meaning “conscious” (of something) is from 1815. adj.
- Having sense perception; conscious.
- Experiencing sensation or feeling.