- resembling serum; of a watery nature.
- containing or secreting serum.
- of, relating to, or characterized by serum.
- of, resembling, producing, or containing serum
adj.early 15c., “watery,” later “of or pertaining to serum” (16c.), from French séreux (16c.) and directly from Latin serosus, from serum “watery fluid, whey” (see serum). Related: Serosity. n.
- A serous fluid or a serum.
- The condition of being serous.
- The serous quality of a liquid.
- Containing, secreting, or resembling serum.