- capable of or being of service; useful.
- wearing well; durable: serviceable cloth.
- capable of being used, worn, cleaned, repaired, etc., easily.
- capable of or ready for service; usable
- capable of giving good service; durable
- archaic diligent in service
adj.“ready to do service,” early 14c., from Old French servicable, from servise (see service (n.1)). Related: Serviceability. Edgar: I know thee well: a serviceable villain,As duteous to the vices of thy mistressAs badness would desire.[“King Lear,” Act IV, Scene vi]