adjective, sex·i·er, sex·i·est.
- concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
- sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
- excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
adjective sexier or sexiest informal
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual interesta sexy dress; a sexy book
- feeling sexual interest; aroused
- interesting, exciting, or trendya sexy project; a sexy new car
adj.1905, from sex (n.) + -y (2). Originally “engrossed in sex;” sense of “sexually attractive” is 1923, first in reference to Valentino. An earlier word in this sense was sexful (1898). Related: Sexier; sexiest.