- Astronomy. noting or pertaining to the aspect or position of two heavenly bodies when 60° distant from each other.
- Astronomy. a sextile position or aspect.
- Astrology. a sextile position or aspect, conducive to mental stimulation.
- Statistics. a quantile for the special case of six equal proportions.
- statistics one of five actual or notional values of a variable dividing its distribution into six groups with equal frequencies
- astrology astronomy an aspect or position of 60° between two planets or other celestial bodies
1550s (adj.), “at a distance of 60 degrees;” 1590s (n.); from Latin sextilis (adj.) “the sixth,” from sextus “sixth” (ordinal number; see Sextus).