sigmoid flexure Word Origin noun
- Zoology. an S-shaped curve in a body part.
- Also called sigmoid colon. an S-shaped curve of the large intestine between the descending colon and the rectum.
Origin of sigmoid flexure First recorded in 1780–90 British Dictionary definitions for sigmoid colon sigmoid colon noun
- the S-shaped bend in the final portion of the large intestine that leads to the rectumAlso called: sigmoid flexure
sigmoid flexure noun
- zoology an S-shaped curve, as in the necks of certain birds
sigmoid colon in Medicine sigmoid colon n.
- sigmoid flexure
sigmoid flexure n.
- The S-shaped section of the colon between the pelvic brim and the third sacral segment, continuous with the rectum.sigmoid colon