- the spatial dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or bulk of anything: the size of a farm; the size of the fish you caught.
- considerable or great magnitude: to seek size rather than quality.
- one of a series of graduated measures for articles of manufacture or trade: children’s sizes of shoes.
- extent; amount; range: a fortune of great size.
- actual condition, circumstance, or state of affairs: That’s about the size of it.
- a number of population or contents: What size is Springfield, Illinois? The size of that last shipment was only a dozen.
- Obsolete. a fixed standard of quality or quantity, as for food or drink.