spent [spent] SynonymsExamplesverb
- simple past tense and past participle of spend.
- used up; consumed.
- tired; worn-out; exhausted.
Related formswell-spent, adjectiveSynonyms for spent weary, drained, fagged. Related Words for well-spent profitable, beneficial, useful, worthwhile, effective, successful, rewarding, advantageous, conducive, abounding, abundant, blooming, breeding, copious, fecund, fertile, flourishing, flush, gainful, plentiful Examples from the Web for well-spent Historical Examples of well-spent3.
It were a well-spent journey, Though seven deaths lay between.
Emily Sarah Holt
That good old umbrella after a well-spent life to get you into a trap like that.
Clara Louise Burnham
Meanwhile, he smoked and dwelt on the serene reminiscences of a well-spent life.
How should an old man live his days if not in dreaming of his well-spent past?
Well, why should one not enjoy a merry evening after a well-spent day?
British Dictionary definitions for well-spent well-spent adjective (well spent when postpositive)
- (of time or money) usefully or profitably spent or expended
- the past tense and past participle of spend
- used up or exhausted; consumed
- (of a fish) exhausted by spawning