noun Chiefly Scot.
- a cup or small goblet, especially an ornamental one.
- the contents of a cup or goblet; a small draught, as of liquor.
- a news-gathering agency of the former Soviet Union: merged with an alternative news service to form Itar-Tass (Russian Information Telegraph Agency).
noun Scot and Northern English dialect
- a cup, goblet, or glass
- the contents of such a vessel
- (formerly) the principal news agency of the Soviet Union: replaced in 1992 by Itar Tass
n.official news agency of the former U.S.S.R., an acronym of Russian Telegrafnoje Agenstvo Sovjetskeho Sojuza “Telegraphic Agency of the Soviet Union.”