- having no taste or flavor; insipid.
- dull; uninteresting.
- lacking in aesthetic quality or capacity; devoid of good taste: a houseful of tasteless furnishings; a tasteless director of stale, dreary films.
- lacking in politeness, seemliness, tact, etc.; unmannerly; insensitive: a tasteless remark.
- lacking the physical sense of taste.
- lacking in flavour; insipid
- lacking social or aesthetic taste
- rare unable to taste
adj.1590s, “unable to taste;” c.1600, “uninteresting;” 1610s, “insipid;” 1670s, “tactless;” from taste (n.) + -less. Related: Tastelessly; tastelessness.