adjective, tast·i·er, tast·i·est.
- good-tasting; savory: a tasty canapé.
- Informal. having or showing good taste; tasteful.
adjective tastier or tastiest
- having a pleasant flavour
- British informal attractive: used chiefly by men when talking of women
- British informal skilful or impressiveshe was a bit tasty with a cutlass
- NZ (of cheddar cheese) having a strong flavour
adj.1610s, from taste (n.) + -y (2); in late 18c. it also could mean “tasteful, elegant” (from the secondary sense of taste (n.)).