- of, relating to, or resembling a bull.
- pertaining to the zodiacal sign Taurus.
- a neutral crystalline substance, C2H7NO3S, obtained from bile.
- of, relating to, or resembling a bull
- a derivative of the amino acid, cysteine, obtained from the bile of animals; 2-aminoethanesulphonic acid. Formula: NH 2 CH 2 CH 2 SO 3 H
n.chemical substance (aminoethyl-sulphonic acid), 1845, from Latin taurus “bull” (see steer (n.)) + chemical suffix -ine (2); obtained by German professor Leopold Gmelin in 1826 and so called because it was first found in ox bile. n.
- A colorless crystalline substance formed by the hydrolysis of taurocholic acid and found in the fluids of the muscles and lungs of many animals.