- a person or thing that teases.
- Theater. a drapery or flat piece across the top of the proscenium arch that masks the flies and that, together with the tormentors, forms a frame for the stage opening.
- Printing, Journalism. kicker(def 9).
- an advertisement that lures customers or clients by offering a bonus, gift, or the like.
- Television Slang. tease(def 5).
- a person who teases
- a preliminary advertisement in a campaign that attracts attention by making people curious to know what product is being advertised
- a difficult question
- vet science a vasectomized male animal, such as an ox, used to detect oestrus in females
n.“short sample, introductory advertisement,” 1934, agent noun from tease (v.).