- abnormal fear of or anxiety about the effects of advanced technology.
- someone who fears the effects of technological development on society and the environment
- someone who is afraid of using technological devices, such as computers
- fear of the effects of technological developments on society or the environment
- fear of using technological devices, such as computers
n.by 1952, perhaps by 1946, from techno- + -phobe. If the reader will consult such a book as Recent Economic Changes, by David A. Wells, published in 1889, he will find passages that, except for the dates and absolute amounts involves, might have been writen by our technophobes (if I may coin a needed word) of today. [Henry Hazlitt, “Economics in One Lesson,” 1952 edition]