- the holding of teleconferences.Compare conferencing, videoconferencing.
- pertaining to or suitable for holding such meetings.
- a business meeting, educational session, etc., conducted among participants in different locations via telecommunications equipment.Compare videoconference.
verb (used without object), tel·e·con·fer·enced, tel·e·con·fer·enc·ing.
- to participate in such a meeting or meetings.
- a conference in which the participants communicate from different places via a telephone or video network
n.1952, originally a proprietary name, from tele- + conference. Not in common use until c.1974.