- the science or study of monstrosities or abnormal formations in organisms.
- the branch of medical science concerned with the development of physical abnormalities during the fetal or early embryonic stage
- the branch of biology that is concerned with the structure, development, etc, of monsters
- a collection of tales about mythical or fantastic creatures, monsters, etc
n.“study of marvels and monsters,” 1670s, from comb. form of Greek teras (genitive teratos) “marvel, monster” + -logy. n.
- The biological study of malformations and monstrosities.
- The scientific study of birth defects.