- any cloth or goods produced by weaving, knitting, or felting.
- a material, as a fiber or yarn, used in or suitable for weaving: Glass can be used as a textile.
- woven or capable of being woven: textile fabrics.
- of or relating to weaving.
- of or relating to textiles or the production of textiles: the textile industry.
- any fabric or cloth, esp woven
- raw material suitable to be made into cloth; fibre or yarn
- a non-nudist, as described by nudists; one who wears clothes
- of or relating to fabrics or the making of fabrics
n.1620s, from Latin textilis “woven, fabric, cloth,” noun use of textilis “woven,” from texere “to weave,” from PIE root *tek- “to make” (see texture).