- last in order of a series of a thousand.
- being one of a thousand equal parts.
- a thousandth part, especially of one (1/1000).
- the thousandth member of a series.
- Also thousandth’s place. (in decimal notation) the position of the third digit to the right of the decimal point.
- (usually prenominal)
- being the ordinal number of 1000 in numbering or counting order, position, time, etc
- (as noun)the thousandth in succession
- one of 1000 approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a thousandth part
- one of 1000 equal divisions of a particular scientific quantitymillivolt Related prefix: milli-
- the fraction equal to one divided by 1000 (1/1000)
adj.1550s, from thousand + -th (1).