- a sharp, projecting point or prong, as of a fork.
- a slender prong, esp of a fork
- any of the sharp terminal branches of a deer’s antler
n.Old English tind, a general Germanic word (cf. Old High German zint “sharp point, spike,” Old Norse tindr “tine, point, top, summit,” German Zinne “pinnacle”), of unknown origin. n.
- The slender pointed end of an instrument, such as an explorer used in dentistry.
- An instrument usually containing several individual prongs and used to introduce antigen, such as tuberculin, into the skin.