- a plural of torso.
noun, plural tor·sos, tor·si [tawr-see] /ˈtɔr si/.
- the trunk of the human body.
- a sculptured form representing the trunk of a nude female or male figure.
- something mutilated or incomplete.
- rare a plural of torso
noun plural -sos or -si (-sɪ)
- the trunk of the human body
- a statue of a nude human trunk, esp without the head or limbs
- something regarded as incomplete or truncated
1797, from Italian torso “trunk of a statue,” originally “stalk, stump,” from Vulgar Latin *tursus, from Latin thyrsus “stalk, stem,” from Greek thyrsos (see thyrsus).
- A plural oftorso
n. pl. tor•sos
- The human body excluding the head and limbs; trunk.