- a house in the city, especially as distinguished from a house in the country owned by the same person.
- a luxurious house in a large city, occupied entirely by one family.
- one of a row of houses joined by common sidewalls.
- a terraced house in an urban area, esp a fashionable one, often having the main living room on the first floor with an integral garage on the ground floor
- a person’s town residence as distinct from his country residence
- another name (now chiefly Scot) for town hall
- Also called: row house, (chiefly Brit) terraced house US and Canadian a house that is part of a terrace