- of, relating to, or utilizing ultrasound.
- of, concerned with, or producing waves with the same nature as sound waves but frequencies above audio frequenciesSee also ultrasound
adj.1923, “having frequency beyond the audible range,” from ultra- + sonic. For sense, see supersonic. adj.
- Of or relating to acoustic frequencies above the range audible to the human ear, or above approximately 20,000 hertz.
- Of, relating to, or involving ultrasound.
- Sound whose frequency is above the upper limit of the range of human hearing (approximately 20 kilohertz).
- See ultrasonography.
- An image produced by ultrasonography.