- a simple past tense and past participle of burn1.
- Fine Arts.
- of or showing earth pigments that have been calcined and changed to a deeper and warmer color: burnt ocher.
- of or showing colors having a deeper or grayer hue than is usually associated with them: burnt orange; burnt rose.
- a past tense and past participle of burn 1
- affected by or as if by burning; charred
- (of various pigments, such as ochre and orange) calcined, with a resultant darkening of colour
adj.past participle adjective from alternative past participle of burn (v.). Burnt offering (late 14c.) is biblical (e.g. Ex. xx:24, Mark xii:33).