- reduced in volume, area, length, or scope; shortened: a condensed version of the book.
- made denser, especially reduced from a gaseous to a liquid state.
- thickened by distillation or evaporation; concentrated: condensed lemon juice.
- Printing. (of type) narrow in proportion to its height.Compare expanded(def 3).
- (of printers’ type) narrower than usual for a particular heightCompare expanded (def. 1)
- botany designating an inflorescence in which the flowers are crowded together and are almost or completely sessile
- Also called: fused chem designating a polycyclic ring system in a molecule in which two rings share two or more common atoms, as in naphthalene
adj.c.1600, “made more dense,” past participle adjective from condense. Of literary works, from 1823. Condensed milk attested by 1863.