- weighing less than is usual, required, or proper.
- deficiency in weight below a standard or requirement.
- weighing less than is average, expected, or healthy
- having a lower proportion of one’s investments in a particular sector of the market than the size of that sector relative to the total market would suggest
- (of a fund etc) disproportionately invested in this waypension funds have become underweight of equities
adj.1899, from under- + weight. adj.
- Weighing less than is normal, healthy, or required.
- Insufficiency of weight.