- physically or mentally impaired, injured, or incapacitated.
- (used with a plural verb) physically or mentally impaired persons (usually preceded by the): Ramps have been installed at the entrances to accommodate the disabled.
- lacking one or more physical powers, such as the ability to walk or to coordinate one’s movements, as from the effects of a disease or accident, or through mental impairment
- (as collective noun; preceded by the)the disabled
adj.“incapacitated,” 1630s, past participle adjective from disable. Earlier it meant “legally disqualified” (mid-15c.). adj.
- Impaired, as in physical functioning.
- Physically impaired people considered as a group. Often used with the.