- marked by symptoms of mental illness: a disturbed personality.
- agitated or distressed; disrupted: disturbed seas; a disturbed situation.
- (used with a plural verb) persons who exhibit symptoms of neurosis or psychosis (usually preceded by the).
- not disturbed; uninterruptedlots of undisturbed sleep
- psychiatry emotionally upset, troubled, or maladjusted
adj.c.1600, from un- (1) “not” + past participle of disturb. adj.past participle adjective from disturb. Meaning “emotionally or mentally unstable” is from 1904.