- coming forth, or about to come forth; about to appear; approaching in time: the forthcoming concert.
- ready or available when required or expected: He assured us that payment would be forthcoming.
- frank and cooperative; candid: In his testimony, the senator could have been more forthcoming.
- friendly and outgoing; sociable.
- a coming forth; appearance.
- not inclined to talk about somethingshe was unforthcoming about her past
- approaching in timethe forthcoming debate
- about to appearhis forthcoming book
- available or readythe money wasn’t forthcoming
- open or sociable
adj.“about to happen,” 1530s; earlier was Old English forðcuman “to come forth, come to pass;” see forth + come (v.). Meaning “informative, responsive” is from 1835.