- separated or detached; not glued.
- come unglued, Slang.
- to become upset, disorganized, or confused; lose emotional control: to come unglued in an emergency.
- to disintegrate or collapse; fall apart; break down: The negotiators tried to keep the fragile peace agreement from coming unglued.
verb (used with object), un·glued, un·glu·ing.
- to separate or detach by or as if by overcoming an adhesive agent: to unglue a sticker from a wall.
- to confuse or upset: He was unglued by his opponent’s superb defense.
- to cause to fail or lose effectiveness.
v.1540s, from un- (2) “opposite of” + glue (v.). Related: Unglued; ungluing. Unglued in figurative sense is recorded from 1922. see under come apart at the seams.