- characterized by or arranged in degrees, especially successively, as according to height, depth, or difficulty: a graduated series of lessons.
- marked with divisions or units of measurement.
- (of a bird’s tail) having the longest feathers in the center, the others being successively shorter.
- (of a tax) increasing along with the taxable base: a graduated income tax.
- Marked with or divided into intervals, as of volume or temperature, for use in measurement.
- Divided into or marked with intervals indicating measures, as of length, volume, or temperature.