- combining or coordinating separate elements so as to provide a harmonious, interrelated whole: an integrated plot; an integrated course of study.
- organized or structured so that constituent units function cooperatively: an integrated economy.
- having, including, or serving members of different racial, religious, and ethnic groups as equals: an integrated school.Compare segregated.
- Sociology. of or relating to a group or society whose members interact on the basis of commonly held norms or values.
- Psychology. characterized by integration.
- characterized by integration
- denoting a works which combines various processes normally carried out at different locationsan integrated steelworks
- biology denoting a virus the DNA of which is incorporated into the chromosomes of the host cell
adj.1580s, “combined into a whole,” past participle adjective from integrate (v.). Sense of “not divided by race, etc.” is from 1948.