- engaging or exciting and holding the attention or curiosity: an interesting book.
- arousing a feeling of interest: an interesting face.
- in an interesting condition, (of a woman) pregnant.
- not interesting; boringlifeless and uninteresting
- inspiring interest; absorbing
adj.1769, from un- (1) “not” + interesting. adj.1711, “that concerns, important,” from interest (v.). Meaning “so as to excite interest” is from 1768. Related: Interestingly. Euphemistic phrase interesting condition, etc., “pregnant” is from 1748.