- of or relating to a unit or units.
- of, pertaining to, characterized by, or aiming toward unity: the unitary principles of nationalism.
- of the nature of a unit; having the indivisible character of a unit; whole.
- serving as a unit, as of measurement or estimation.
- of or relating to the use of units: A unitary method was applied.
- Government. of or relating to a system of government in which the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of each state in a body of states are vested in a central authority.
- of a unit or units
- based on or characterized by unity
- individual; whole
- of or relating to a system of government in which all governing authority is held by the central governmentCompare federal
adj.1816; see unit + -ary.